jueves, 24 de abril de 2014

★ECO QUIZ★


1. My daily food
a. I mostly eat organic, often from a farm or farmer’s market, or grown at home.
b. I often eat organic, usually from a grocery store.
c. I don’t eat organic. Food is food, and eating pesticides makes a body stronger!

2. Hydrating on the run
a. I usually carry a refillable bottle or mug (ideally stainless steel or BPA-free).
b. I drink water and beverages from larger containers (which I reuse or recycle).
c. I often drink beverages in single-serving plastic bottles, which I then throw in the trash. It’s my right to be wasteful!

3. Bagging it
a. I almost always bring a cloth bag to all stores, so that I don’t need their bags.
b. I usually bring a cloth bag to grocery stores, or I reuse any bags that I take.
c. I usually take whatever bag the store offers, then throw it out when I get home.  My convenience is all that matters!

4. Counter washing
a. I almost always wash my counters and spills with cloth towels and sponges.
b. I usually clean these with 100% recycled paper towels (then toss these in the compost or green can).
c. I usually clean with lots of mainstream paper towels. Why should I skimp?

5. To the landfill
a. I only discard a full black garbage can (per person) every 1 to 6 months. I do lots of recycling, reuse, composting, etc.
b. I discard that much each 2 to 3 weeks. I do some recycling/reuse/composting.
c. I dispose of that much every week, and throw everything in there. Why should I care where it goes? It goes away!

6. Cleaning and pest control
a. I don’t use toxics for home cleaning, weeds, or pests (except in very rare emergencies).  I like having a healthy home.
b. I’ve swapped to some less-toxic products, but still use some toxics.
c. I use whatever product is on the shelves and don’t read the label. What I don’t know can’t hurt me, right?

7. Getting around
a. I have a very low transportation footprint compared to other people I know.  That’s because I: have a short commute; often carpool, bike, or use public transit;  plan my  errands efficiently; have a high mpg vehicle; don’t fly very often; etc.
b. My car is medium-sized with average mpg. I could reduce my miles more.
c. I often drive long distances in my large low-mpg SUV, but complain about my high gas bills. Pollution and climate change are someone else’s problems.

8. Powering the house
a. I increased my home’s energy efficiency then got solar to cover all my usage. I love reducing pollution and climate change!
b. I have an automatic thermostat, and mostly energy-efficient light bulbs that I turn on only as needed. I’ve gotten help upgrading my home energy efficiency.
c. I leave my lights on, and my heater and AC on high. Only my comfort matters.

9. Participating in community
a. I actively participate in groups that support community-level greening.
b. I send donations to eco-groups, subscribe to eco-action email lists, and forward information to friends.
c. I only care about myself. We’re all on our own in this dog-eat-dog world.

10. Sharing eco-information
a. I love swapping eco-ideas with others, in non-judgmental collaborative ways.
b. I want to share eco-ideas, but hesitate because I don’t want to impose.
c. I’m quick to judge and demean others, because my way is the only right way.

Getting Your Score
Give yourself 2 points for every a. answer and 1 point for every b. answer.
Total 16-20: Eco-Committed. You’re doing great work walking gently on the earth. Keep it up!
Total 5-15: Eco-Competent. Your actions are helping reduce our shared impact!  Look here for more ideas to “up your game.” You’ll often save time and money, and feel better about the future.  Total 0-4: Eco-Remedial. I gently encourage you to learn more about how everyone’s well-being depends on the earth’s. Then look for small ways to trim your impact and help nature’s ecosystems function long into the future.





THIS QUIZ IS FROM


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario